Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
- We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number and payment information. We also collect information from you when you book appointments online. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations) and to fulfil the task for which you visited the Site (eg., to make an appointment). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- Maintain internal record keeping;
- Improve our products and services;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services; and
- Contact you for your market research purposes by email, telephone or mail, but you can opt out of this at any time, by writing to or emailing us.
Individuals registering their details or subscribing to the newsletter online may do so on the understanding that they are aware of the intended purposes of the collection of the data. An opt-out option is available by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the newsletter we may send to you.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email with information, news, and offers on our services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. You will always have the opportunity to opt-out and you will not be discriminated against if you choose to do so.
Where you have given us appropriate permission or where we are permitted by law, we may use your Personal Information to tell you about special discounts we may offer and about new products and services. In the event that you wish to be removed from this process you can opt out from the footer of all marketing emails.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Order information may be forwarded securely to third parties in order to fulfil orders placed on our site. These will include delivery and payments partners (including SagePay).
We may pass your Personal Information on to third-party service providers contracted to Billings & Edmonds in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Billings &Edmonds’ procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive Personal Information onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
At present, we do not use your Personal Information to provide targeted advertisements or marketing communications.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser. Ecommerce transactions rely on cookies and cannot be completed if cookies are disabled on your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
If Billings & Edmonds (2006) Limited does hold Personal Information about you, you can request the following information:
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Billings & Edmonds (2006) Limited or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it was not collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
When requesting any such information you would need to provide the original (or a certified copy of) a passport or driving licence plus a utility bill (from the last three months).
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Billings & Edmonds (2006) Limited is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal Information may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Changes To This Policy
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Contact Details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Contact: Leigh Kumar
Address: Billings & Edmonds (2006) Limited, 132 High Street, Eton, Berkshire SL4 6AR
Telephone: 01753 818290